Dil Se: The movie is said to be a journey through the 7 shades of love that are defined in ancient Arabic literature. Those shades are defined as attraction, infatuation, love, reverence, worship, obsession, and death and the music album is a testimony to this fact.
Check the playlist and feel the nostalgia.
1) Chaiyan Chaiyan: Probably the most iconic song of Bollywood, was featured as one of the top 10 songs of all-time in an international poll conducted by BBC World Service. The song has been featured in the film Inside Man, in the musical Bombay Dreams, and in the television shows Smith and CSI: Miami. The lyrics are penned down by Gulzar and has taken inspiration from the original versus of Baba Bulleh Shah's kalam.
2) Dil se re: It was a chart topper of the year 1998 and this song's lyrics is said to be one of the finest and predominantly in Urdu. Its picturisation too got noticed. The song has now achieved a cult status. Guy Pratt, Pink Floyd bass guitarist for post Roger Waters albums Delicate Sound of Thunder, The Division Bell and Pulse played bass on this song. The song remains as the best song ever composed.
3) Jiya Jale: The song which is sung by the living legend Lata Mangeshkar herself is pictured in mesmerizing scenic landscape of Kerala and is based on the raga 'Misra Bhairavi'.
4) Aye Ajnabi: The song sung by the sensation of 90's 'Udit Narayan' remains an evergreen song till now.
5) Satrangi Re: The song which is penned down by Gulzar Sahib takes its inspiration from the seven stages of love which is defined in the arabic mythology. The seven stages are namely hub (attraction), uns (infatuation), ishq (love), akidat (trust/reverence), ibadat (worship), junoon (madness) followed by maut (death). Satrangi Re, in some way or the other, whether though lyrics or the choreography, gloriously portrays these stages of love and charms us along.
6) Thaiya Thaiya: The song which was not a part of the main feature film is sung was Sukhwinder Singh is based on the original kalams of Hazat Baba Bulleh Shah. The lyrics are mesmerizing and connects us with the divine.
So this valentine's day you can go through this play list. Its immaterial if you are single or in a relationship, the songs will incite the emotions.
Please feel free to tell us about what you feel about these songs in the comment section.